Hi all,

I'm trying to build a simple Cocoa app using RubyCocoa.

I've no experience with Cocoa, but I'm not trying to make anything
fancy. In short, I'd like to create a window that acts as an observer
for my terminal app. It'll give feedback to the user with a progress
bar and a few more things.

Now the problem is that app.run never returns:

app = NSApplication.sharedApplication
app.setDelegate(AppDelegate.alloc.init)
app.run

I now I cannot use Ruby threads within RubyCocoa code, and I'm stuck
using Cocoa worker threads. I've done this, but it doesn't work:

class AppRunner < NSObject
  def run
    pool = NSAutoreleasePool.alloc.init
    app = NSApplication.sharedApplication
    app.setDelegate(AppDelegate.alloc.init)
    app.run
    pool.release

runner = AppRunner.alloc.init
NSThread.detachNewThreadSelector_toTarget_withObject(:run, runner,
nil)

It runs but the app doesn't pop up. I suspect it is due to the usage
of a worker thread. But my knowledge of Cocoa is non-existent.

Any ideas?

I know MacRuby could be an option, but my project is not 1.9
compatible due to some gem dependencies.

Thanks in advance.