On Apr 4, 2:20=A0am, Bill Kelly <bi... / cts.com> wrote:
> From: "RichardOnRails" <RichardDummyMailbox58... / USComputerGurus.com>
>

> > I pulled my problem code from my app into a test onhttp://www.pastie.or=
g/436616.

> > Lines 13-19 are the problem code in my app.
>
> > Lines preceding them I set up needed definitions and test individual
> > components of the problematic code.
>
> > The final lines display the error lines 13-19 produce. =A0Can you see
> > what the problem is?
>
> Precedence problem with + and % apparently. =A0This works:
>
> puts(("Considering saving the trade-group" =A0 +
> =A0 "\tfor symbol \"%s\", "+
> =A0 "\tgroup size: %d, " +
> =A0 "\tand # groups saved thus far: " +
> =A0 =A0 =A0 "open(%d), " +
> =A0 =A0 =A0 "completed(%d)") %
> =A0 =A0 =A0 [savedSymbol, tradeGroup.size, openTrades.size, completedTrad=
es.size])

> Regards,
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for your solution.  It looks like you posted your response
about 15 minutes after I posted my question.

I posted my Eureka moment about an hour after I posted my question,
though it seemed to me to have been much sooner than that,  so I never
checked to see whether anyone had posted a response.

So I don't know which to be happier about.  That my brain began
functioning again, of that this newsgroup is attended by such
wonderful people like you and Martin.

Again,  thank you and
Best wishes,

Richard