On Friday 03 April 2009 15:53:27 Vincent Ds wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
> > It seems that opendns breaks the internet on purpose.  I would avoid
> > it at all cost.
>
> I completely agree. Turned off opendns and everything started working
> magically. Who knew ... perhaps the guys running opendns are Java
> fanboys?

Nah, they just hate the Internet. Maybe they're Flash fanbois?

However, it is possible to register an IP address to not use this "feature":

<http://www.labnol.org/internet/stop-opendns-from-redirecting-domain-
typos/4112/>

Not great, but it works, if your ISP-provided DNS is really bad enough that
you need OpenDNS. If not, easier to just turn it off.