Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2009, at 12:29, matt neuburg wrote:
> > Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:

> >> patches welcome
> >
> > Actually the patch I really want is the ability to enter numbers
> > instead
> > of text.

> >     More than one method matched your request.  You can refine your
> >     search by asking for information on one of:
> >
> > String#squeeze [Ruby 1.8]
> > String#squeeze [Ruby 1.8]
> > String#squeeze! [Ruby 1.8]
> > String#squeeze! [Ruby 1.8]
>
> Somehow you managed to install ri data twice.

No, I don't think so. I mean, yes, I did, but I deleted the second set
of data some time ago (at your suggestion). But, this is different.
Look, you can see right on this Web page that there are two squeeze!
entries:

http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/String.html

There are two squeeze entries and two squeeze! entries. Just like on my
machine. So it isn't just me, it's everybody. I don't know why, and I
don't care why; I'm just saying that since this kind of thing can and
does happen, it would be cool if ri would give me a way to choose
between them. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt / tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Leopard - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/leopard-customizing.html