Eric Hodel wrote:
> On Apr 3, 2009, at 08:52, Vincent Ds wrote:
>>> did you even try clicking the above link?
>>
>> Well ... to tell the truth I only got that reply once. The 90 other
>> times everything just said not in gzip format without anything else. I
>> was hoping it was more of a quick fix and a known issue. I'll try
>> turning off opendns and see what happens then.
>
> Did you try fetching either URL (using wget or curl or telnet)?
>
> It seems that opendns breaks the internet on purpose.  I would avoid
> it at all cost.

I completely agree. Turned off opendns and everything started working
magically. Who knew ... perhaps the guys running opendns are Java
fanboys? Also, rails was using a different version of ruby which led to
some incompatibilities between rubygems and rails. Everything is fixed
now and running smoothly with phusion passenger ... brilliant :p Off to
do some conding!