El Jueves 02 Abril 2009, Tony Arcieri escribi:

> Use symbols... FOR SPEED!  Unfortunately that speed comes at a price... you
> really want to globally internalize arbitrary input?  Symbols are
> effectively a freeform enumeration... the reason you're running into
> problems is because you're trying to enumerate arbitrary inputs.

Yes. It's a parser so custom headers could arrive. I want to store them in a
hash like:

  headers = { :from => "alice@qweeq", ":to => "bob@qweqwe }

So after parsing the message I create these entries. The problem is that any
custom header would create a Symbol.

> Is this really an important bottleneck in your application?

I think it's important since after parsing hte main task of the server willbe
accessing some headers to read their content. But since it's just in a very
early stage I cannot sure it.

Thanks.

--
Iaki Baz Castillo <ibc / aliax.net>