Bryan Richardson wrote:
> Looks like it was mojombo-grit version 1.1.0.  I uninstalled
> mojombo-grit, then tested and rubygems worked fine.  I then re-installed
> it, and it installed version 1.1.1 (must have been released today since
> I first installed mojombo-grit yesterday and I got 1.1.0).  Works just
> fine now too, so version 1.1.1 must have fixed it.

The only difference between the 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 Gems is this commit,
which apparently fixes the issue:

	<https://GitHub.Com/Mojombo/Grit/commit/4ac4acab7fd9c7fd4c0e0f4ff5794b0347baecde>

Now, I ain't no RubyGems expert, but if there's anything in the Grit
Gem that could break RubyGems, my money would be on that 90000
characters s.files attribute.

However, the test files have already been added to the Gem in version
1.0.0 in January, in this commit, which, apparently, worked fine:

	<https://GitHub.Com/Mojombo/Grit/commit/518385c5afba53957332119dd9fdf4980a779d6f>

The last relevant change was this commit:

	<https://GitHub.Com/Mojombo/Grit/commit/ac8700fe97702bc13806a5bfea7a0e28f97b5f6b>

Which is probably the culprit.

jwm