Hi,

I am happy to announce the next version of localmemcache (0.2.0), a
library that aims to provide an interface similar to memcached but for
accessing local data instead of remote data.  It's based on mmap()'ed
shared memory for maximum speed.

* http://localmemcache.rubyforge.org/

Changes for 0.2.0:
  * Localmemcache uses logging now: In case your application is terminated
    while accessing the shared memory (eg by a kill -9), localmemcache is
    now able to restore the integrity of your data.
  * \0 character can now be used in keys and values
  * The ruby binding now features a keys() method.
  * Added a C API.

0.2.0 facts:
  - lightweight: The core library is just about 1300 lines of C code
  - fast: About 40% slower than Ruby's hash (or about 36 times
    faster than a local memcached).

EXAMPLE
=======

require 'localmemcache'
$lm = LocalMemCache.new :namespace => "viewcounters"
$lm[:foo] = 1
$lm[:foo]
$lm.delete(:foo)

INSTALL
=======

# gem install localmemcache

(In case rubyforge has not yet updated the mirrors, fetch the 0.2.0 gem
from here: http://github.com/sck/localmemcache/downloads and then do
# gem install localmemcache-0.2.0.gem )

CONTACT
=======

Please contact me with bugs, suggestions and patches at: schween + snafu # de

LINKS
=====

Localmemcache: http://localmemcache.rubyforge.org/
Rubyforge project: http://localmemcache.rubyforge.org/

Source code is hosted on github: http://github.com/sck/localmemcache/

Best,

Sven C. Koehler

afa5fe7a3a23930a50d0b8b4a1a55880  localmemcache-0.2.0.gem
050cab44c9a5b9cb6214779398c0cfb7  localmemcache-0.2.0.tar.gz