Eric Jacoboni <jaco / neottia.net> wrote:

> Bartlomiej Owczarek <bartlomiej / owczarek.com.pl> writes:
>

> > That said I understand that this LC_CTYPE setting was there for a reason,
> > presumably because my terminal is set to utf8, as it's supposed to be.
> >
> > So it's not clear for me why ruby would now have problem with that, and how
> > to proceed - should the setting for utf8 be defined somehow
> > differently?
>
> For my own, i don't rely on LC_* variables. I've only set LANG
> environment variable and pick UTF-8 in Terminal Preferences/Encoding

I've got that LC_CTYPE setting because of svn, which will choke on
certain files if it isn't there. I think the question of why Ruby 1.9
would have trouble with this is reasonable... m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt / tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Leopard - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/leopard-customizing.html