On Mar 29, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Phlip wrote:

> Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 08:01:18AM +0900, ara.t.howard wrote:
>>>  . the exit status of running a test suite should indicate the
>>> degree of     it's failure state: the more failures the higher the
>>> exit status
>>>
>> Up to a limit of course.  how about exiting with the percentage ?
>> Exit status
>> is limited to 256 values, so you can make it exit 0 with lots of
>> failures:
>
> Again: If you have any reason to _count_ the errors, you are already
> absolutely screwed anyway...

I really feel counting the errors and reading the output are both
things better handled by defining a good interface for the results
writer.  If I could just define some trivial class with methods like
test_passed(), test_failed(), test_errored_out(), and tests_finished()
then just plug that in, I could easily do anything I want.

James Edward Gray II