Untill now whenever i made a script Id put all its files into a
directory along with any test files. When it came to requiring my own
files I could just do require "filename" as they were all in the same
place.

Now ive tried to create a directory structure that a lot of you pros use
such as

project
  /bin
  /lib
    project.rb
    /project
      ..any related files here
  /tests
     test.rb
     /samples
        ..any stuff my tests may need e.g. offline webpages to scrape
etc

though im not planning on releasing any gems i just want a tidier
structure. however with this comes the headache of require.

At first i simply put this in my project.rb file at the top
$: << File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../lib")

and that made things ok
but then when i do tests what do i put in them? do i need to add
$: << File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../lib")
again or do i just do an include "/../lib/project.rb" and let it declare
the new path??

ideally i want one place where i declare it and then forget all about
it. I have searched previous posts but none seem to mention what to do
in your test files. Any one help?