On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 23:41 +0900, ara.t.howard wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2009, at 5:16 AM, Andrew S. Townley wrote:
>

> > I also discovered that output of empty elements doesn't behave as I'd
> > expect.  If you do
> >
> > empty_element_
> >
> > you get "<empty_element>"
> >
> > rather than "<empty_element/>"
>
> this by design.

Fair enough.

> it's a false assumption that one never needs to separate opening and
> ending tags wrt to scopes

It wasn't an assumption I was making.  The assumption I *was* making was
that the library was biased to ensuring you had well-formed & correct
mark-up.  To me, I'd see the need to separate scopes to be something I'd
want to explicitly request rather than the other way around.

Not a big deal now that I know about the bang operator.

Cheers,

ast
--
Andrew S. Townley <ast / atownley.org>