Jason Roelofs wrote:
>> to "opening tag" or "closing tag"...
>> I still have one question: why you don't use REXML?
>>
>> --
>> WBR, Peter Zotov
>>

> Better question: Why *wouldn't* you want to use an existing library?
> You'd have to spend months on your own before it even starts to make
> sense to use such a custom solution over an existing, tested, and
> heavily used library like libxml or nokigiri (and to be fair,
> Hpricot::XML, though it's more for HTML parsing than XML).
>
> Jason

Hi,
One problem is compatability. I'm developing an application that
extracts the xml tags from a url like 'http://www.shoe-g.com/index.rdf'
and displays the contents within it. So compatability is an issue. My
boss is strict of not using any complex libraries. Can u please help me.
Thanks once again

Regards
Arun Kumar