Philip Müller wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm searching for a way to get simple graphical output in ruby for a
> simple physics simulation. All I need are circles and lines and a decent
> framerate in fullscreen-like resolutions. I tried ruby-processing but in
> 800*600 i get less than 10 frames on my not-too-old pc. And that's just
> a circle moving around, no physics whatsoever involved.
>
> Thanks for your input
>
> Philip

I mentioned tkar, my own tool for this purpose, on the list a few weeks ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/browse_thread/thread/268d3a322473d7ba

It's written in ruby, but you can pipe it data from anything, and it
even embeds as a simulink block.

It's based on the tk canvas, which is really pretty good for simple
purposes, and easy to make interactive.