In my experience the Qt bindings are quite nice to use, especially with the
Designer generated XML files, which are compiled into ruby-files.
But there are some ugly spots to the bindings as well, first of all
the installation process is not as easy as it should be.
On my MacBook as well as on a Fedora desktop it failed out of the
box and took some work to fix. The usage of cmake as a build
system is not the best choice in my opion either.
Second the actual use of the bindings is not very ruby-like.
Regarding this I'm trying wxruby2 at the moment, which seems more
convenient to me.

Thorsten