Alle Saturday 21 March 2009, ntwrkd ha scritto:
> I'm sure this question gets asked a lot, but has anyone used QT for
> their GUI library with Ruby?

If you mean Qt (http://www.qtsoftware.com, I believe QT stands for QuickTime),
then yes. I'm using it and find it great. I started using Qt programming in
C++ and went on using it when I switched to ruby.

You can find more information on the Qt ruby bindings at its rubyforge page
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum) or at its homepage
(http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Ruby).

The only problem is that there hasn't been an official, stand-alone release of
QtRuby for linux for the last 3 years and for windows since june 2008. If
you're on linux and use KDE 4, you can install a much more recent (and
improved) version using the KDE 4 packages provided by your distribution; if
you're on linux but don't use KDE, you can download the source code for
kdebindings from the kde home page and compile it, excluding all KDE parts. I
think you can do something similar even if you're on windows, but I don't know
how to do that, since I don't use windows.

Stefano