Eric Jacoboni wrote:
> jeljer te Wies <jeljer / me.com> writes:
>

>> Here is some sample code i made but doesn't work:
>>
>> f = File.new("PNG.png")
>> image = f.readlines
>>
>> puts image.to_hex
>

> Without knowing exactly what you want to do...
>
> 1) f.readlines gives an *Array* of strings
> 2) to_hex doesn't exist in Ruby. You probably want sprintf "%X"

well to explain why I want to do this! :P ..
here is my ehm... job discription:

The pixels in the above image are numbered 0..99 for the first row,
100..199 for the second row etc. White pixels represent ascii codes. The
ascii code for a particular white pixel is equal to the offset from the
last white pixel. For example, the first white pixel at location 65
would represent ascii code 65 ('A'), the next at location 131 would
represent ascii code (131 - 65) = 66 ('B') and so on

The text contained in the image is the answer encoded in Morse, where "a
test" would be encoded as ".- / - . ... -"

This is what I have to do.. that's why I need some kind of hex codes in
a long string or array so I can see what pixels are white and which one
are black

Thanxs for the fast reply!