On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 06:56:19AM +0900, Aaron Patterson wrote:
> HTML fix ups will be tested as well.  So will CSS searches, XPath
> searches, memory usage, and many other things.  As I said[2], these benchmarks
> are not complete.  If you're worried about being treated fairly, fork my
> repository and write tests.

No no, don't be silly, I'd much rather complain and be a sore
loser. I insist.

Look, I think I'd just rather see the benchmarks kept up by a
third party who has nothing to gain and can show a more nuanced
view of the scene. I really wish I could drop Hpricot (as
RubyfulSoup did,) but I think it has its strengths.

Let me ask you this. You're neck and neck with libxml-ruby. The
bulk of your time is spent in the exact same HTML parser as
libxml-ruby. Why the hyperfocus on benchmarks and declaring
yourselves winners? You're never going to be too far off from
their speed. So, I mean, it strikes me as adversarial and needless,
if your library quality and bug fixing are of the sort that Ryan
David has just touted.

_why