H> What I wanted to do was to access the original definition before I
H> overrode it. I need something that goes down rather than up the tree to
H> do this with modules.  I think it will have to be alias, unless "there is
H> a better way to do it" :-).

 Well, you want to do something strange :-)

 If you want to access the original definition, the module must be included
 *after* the definition of the method.

 This is the first problem, but it's possible to do it. Unfortunately
 you'll have a second problem because it's easy to make an infinite loop if
 the original method call #super

Guy Decoux