Thank you Ian, and Sean.

I'm surprised that I got a reply so quickly! I was just reading p404 of
the Pickaxe book(1.8) and reading about ObjectSpace, but it was really
brief, and I was reading it over and over until I started to begin
talking to myself (not good).

What I really wanted was to get the actual identifier of the object, but
for now I'll create a  instance variable for the actual identifier so I
can put it in the to_s method, and I can get things working.

I know it's not the Rubyist way, but I just started, so hopefully I can
find a better way later and post it here.

Once again, thank you guys. You were very supportive, and I would have
not figured this out so painlessly without your help.

Aki