--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 09:24:08AM +0900, Tom Cloyd wrote:

> Suggest you don't bother. I've looked at a great many editors, and tried
> many of them. None have bested jEdit
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JEdit
>
> http://www.jedit.org/

    Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and
    Windows.

That's a nonstarter for me.  It requires a JVM to be installed anywhere I
use it, and sometimes that's just not reasonable -- i.e., installing and
maintaining a Java runtime on FreeBSD is a severe pain in the tuckus.

Quoth Nat Torkington, on Perl internals: ". . . an interconnected mass
of livers and pancreas and lungs and little sharp pointy things and the
occasional exploding kidney."

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3--