Two things to think about.

my Ruby platform is "i386-cygwin" on windows 98

1. range and modification(!)

n[4..8].sort!  doesn't work(same for compact!, collect!)
Is there any elegant way to do this job?

2. It seems LAST line in text does not have \n or \r\n,
    (I used Wordpad for creating this text)
   so I can't use chop/chomp without losing last digit/character.
   is this the problem only with Windows system?
   Do I have to use sub(/[\r|\r\n],"")?

cheers,

sungjin moon
Are you a member of Philanthropic peer-to-peer Program?
You can use your IDLE computing time for medical research
like Anthrax, Cancer, Alzheimer Disease.
More info at http://www.intel.com/cure/download.htm