jazzez ravi wrote:
> I heard about rails,merb,ramaze,sinatra,mack etc.. But i can't able to
> say which one is best. So please anyone suggest a rank  for these
> frameworks. It is easy to identify which one is best ?

Depends what you're trying to do.

Rails scores highly because of the availability of excellent books.
There's tons of functionality, as long as you can remember where to find
it! My Rails book has lots of scribbled notes in the back page :-)

Right now I'm using Sinatra, which is the opposite end of the spectrum:
very, very simple. I highly recommend it.

Also consider if and how you wish to integrate Javascript into your app.
If you want Ruby helpers to spit out Javascript and embed it into your
HTML for you, then Rails does this very well (and jrails gives you the
power of jquery too).

But the alternative approach is UJS (Unobtrusive JavaScript) - keep your
HTML pure, and write your own Javascript in a separate file, using a
library like jquery. I am now finding this approach much cleaner and
more powerful.