On Mar 2, 2009, at 4:04 AM, Salil Gaikwad wrote:

> it doesn't work.
> I am going to basic
>

> file="C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents/auctiva2.csv"
>     File.open(file,"r").each_line("\r") {|sFile|
>      for row in sFile.split(",")
>
>        #More code here
>
>        end
>
>      }
>

> but it gives me error when line separator is \n.

Well, you are telling Ruby you want lines ending in "\r" with the
parameter you passed to each_line().  That does mean lines ending in
"\n" will be a problem.  I think you need a new strategy here, if the
file has both types of line ending (a bad thing).

> is it a bug that fastercsv/csv can't read all the special characters
> at
> once.

FasterCSV is not used in the above code, so I don't see how this is
related.

James Edward Gray II