On Feb 28, 2009, at 07:54, Roger Pack wrote:

> I've traditionally reported rubygems bugs to
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=575&group_id=126&func=browse

This is the correct place.

> however redmine.ruby-lang.org is now an option

It's a great option if you want me to ignore your bug.

> [and I sometimes feel like I"m submitting to deaf ears at the
> rubyforge one].
>
> Thoughts?

Maintaining RubyGems is a lot of work I don't get paid for, so I
intermix RubyGems work with other things I find more fun.  I've been
working on RDoc lately and will probably start up again on RubyGems in
the next month or so.

If you want your bug fixed faster, make a bug report on RubyForge then
hop on the mailing list [1] and propose a solution.  Even better would
be to submit a patch.

When I'm preparing to release RubyGems I look on RubyForge at the
patches queue first followed by bugs then feature requests.  Until I'm
ready, though, I don't read my bugmail as it just takes too much time.