On Feb 28, 2009, at 00:37 , Tom Cloyd wrote:

> I'm going for now with minitest. I found a modest and useful intro.
> in PickAxe 3rd. But...minitest's RDoc is extremely minimal, and
> essentially useless to me,
> and there no CLI that I seem to wake up, no results from "minitest -
> h". So...

If there is no CLI, why would "minitest -h" do anything but error with
"command not found"?

> when I read at http://github.com/Narnach/minitest/blob/2736f339dc241fc8acef9f502ec598ce234539ab/README.rdoc
>  that -

github? googling "minitest ruby" (w/o quotes) doesn't show Narnach
until page 4. I have no idea what that project is at all. Further, the
first mention of github is on page 3 (which is at least a clone of my
work), so I'm not sure why you're even looking there in the first place.

> And WHAT command line ... I cannot seem to get one.
> Google give me nothing useful, which seems odd.

That is because there isn't one, if you don't count `ruby` as a
command line (interface). The nice thing about vanilla code is that
you don't need anything but `ruby`.

> Is there any path up this mountain, or do I simply have to scale a
> cliff?

cliff? The latest release is 612 lines of code (not counting tests).
495 lines of perfectly vanilla code (ie, no magic, no metaprogramming,
etc) for unit.rb which is the meat of the system. I don't consider
that a cliff by any means.