Rong wrote:
> I installed the ImageMagick binary but when I try to install RMagick
> (gem) I get the foloowing error-
> /usr/local/bin/ruby extconf.rb install rmagick
> checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.2... yes
> checking for gcc... yes
> checking for Magick-config... no
> Can't install RMagick 2.9.1. Can't find Magick-config in /usr/local/
> bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/
> X11/bin:/usr/local/git/bin
>
> *** extconf.rb failed ***
> Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
> necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
> details.  You may need configuration options.
>
> What do I need to do?

Install the headers for ImageMagick.  If you're using a distro with a
package manager, it will probably end in -dev.

Ok, I just looked in the Ubuntu 8.10 manager and you want something
along the lines of libgraphicsmagick1-dev

But that's just a guess, I don't know exactly.  However, if you're using
Ubuntu you can just use synaptic to install rmagick and save yourself a
bunch of hassle :)

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.