On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM, James Britt <james.britt / gmail.com> wrote=
:
> Gregory Brown wrote:
>>
>> =3D=3D The short story
>>
>> Hi folks, I bugged O'Reilly to let me release a sample chapter of my
>> book, and they let me.
>>
>> So you can now directly download a PDF copy of my "Mastering the
>> Dynamic Toolkit" chapter without having to go through any hoops:
>>
>> http://cachefly.oreilly.com/catalogs/Mastering_the_Dynamic_Toolkit.pdf
>
> Jump on this. =A0It's great stuff.

Seconded, I've seen several of the chapters and talked with Gregory
about this and it's quality.

Ruby books haven't been doing well of late (sales are down 51%
over last year), so it's good to see a good book that the community
can get behind.  Maybe this will help reverse the trend.

> --
> James Britt
>
> www.jamesbritt.com =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Playing with Better Toys
> www.ruby-doc.org =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Ruby Help & Documentation
> www.rubystuff.com =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0- The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff

--=20
thanks,
-pate
   Duty makes us do things, Love make us do things well.
http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
http://eldersjournal.blogspot.com