Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> Eero Saynatkari wrote:
>>
>> Until the administration is transferred to Ruby Central or
>> other person/entity appointed by matz (and this may take some
>> time with Freenode's policies), all #ruby people should move
>> to #ruby-lang to avoid unnecessary duplication of effort and
>> splintering of knowledge.
>
> What would have to happen to get #ruby back?

It is likely to be easier currently, with fflush and dross
having been gone quite a while, but essentially there needs
to be a verifiable claim to ownership (since the # channels
are reserved for "official" versions, ## not) which means
something from matz et al.--previously I think a phone call
verification was required, which would have caused obvious
difficulties--and then the appointment of someone to administer
it in the future.

In the interim, we are trying to get everyone to move to
the same channel. Back when I last looked, this was not an
issue since #ruby only had 20 people on max, but right now
#ruby-lang has 300-400 or so, and #ruby has 250-350, of
whom about 200-250 are ONLY on #ruby (there are several folks
on both channels, exacerbating the problem by not forwarding
them to the correct one.)

This is a huge problem, because half the Ruby (IRC) community
is missing one half of all questions/answers/discussions, and
the other half is missing the other half.