You will need to mount the NAS drive, after which you will be able to access
it as part of your file system. When you browse the drive the the file
manager interprets the uri to access the NAS, when you open it Dir is
expecting a regular filepath. Try something along the lines of;
mount -t smbfs //myworldbook/public /mnt/
and
Dir.entries("/mnt/")

But this is just a guess since i don't use samba

--
The UNIX system has a command, nice ... in order to be nice to the other
users. Nobody ever uses it." - Andrew S. Tanenbaum