The book author has a more complete web page (in french) about the book, including the source code of the examples, at:

    http://perso.club-internet.fr/ccb/scriptlinux/index.html

There is only one chapter about Ruby, out of 22 chapters in the book, so I guess it only covers the very basics of the language. Still, to my knowledge it is the first french book mentioning Ruby.

-- Message Original --
De: Markus Jais <mjais / web.de>
?: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>,undisclosed-recipients: ,,UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR.
Envoy? le: 10:14
Sujet: found french book about scripting languages including Ruby

hello
I just saw a new book at
http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/2212110286/ref=br_li_lf/171-8184502-1213010

ISBN : 2212110286
published december 2001

it covers all importang scripting languages for linux including Ruby.
unfortunately may french is currently very, very limited (just started)
but maybe this is of interest to some of you who know some more french.

if someone already has read the book, maybe he/she can give a short
review becaue I migth want to read it when my french is better

regards

markus

EMN, http://www.emn.fr