Does anyone else rember the Whitewater Group's programming language Actor?

As soon as I started programming in Ruby I began to have a deja vu feeling.
After years of Java programming Ruby seem, well, so harmonious, consistent
and sympathetic. Then it suddenly hit me, the very first OOP language I
learned also had those properties. It was also a "C"-like syntax Smalltalk
relative, where everything was an object - Actor.

Actor was sold with a Smalltalk like development environement for Windows
3.0 (and earlier) around 1989-92. If you look on the internet you won't find
much about this language, but it did resemble Ruby in many ways. Its
Smalltalk inheritance was apparent, it was fully OOP right down to advanced
concepts like metaclasses, blocks as parameters and lambda functions.
However Actor was semi-compiled to a Forth like byte code VM. This didn't
stop its programs being useful outside of the environment. You could package
up the code and release it as a EXE and DLL, my girlfriend and I wrote some
computer aided learning programs that make quite complex use of the Windows
API. Actor was for a time the easiest way to code Windowing applications on
its chosen platform - and was around way before there were viable C++
implementations for PCs, let alone Java.

Actor died because it was a propriatory language limited to one platform and
one development environement. When Borland C++ and VC++ boomed, Actor
dissapeared. Shame it was a nice language, far nicer than C++. I would love
to reread its specification and make a comparison between Actor and Ruby.
Alas my copies of the manuals have dissapeared long ago.

Anyone other ex-Actor programmers now programming in Ruby?

Aidan