On 25 Feb 2009, at 21:24, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Brian Adkins <lojicdotcom / gmail.com> writes:
>> or simply to try and
>> make your Ruby code look as much like Lisp as posisble, or ... ?
>
> Yes, definitely.  It makes me feel if not at home, at least, at a
> strange aunt's, vs. in a totally strange home in a totally strange
> land.

And that is precisely the point that many Lispers overlook. Lisp is a
mathematical notation and so people of a mathematical inclination feel
at home, however languages with "complex" syntax approximate natural
language notation and that's a place where the vast majority of
literate humans feel comfortable.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains