* rizwana <rizzwanabanu / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     Hope all are doing well. Actually i need a help for implementing
> reverse geocoding in Ruby on Rails application. I have implemented
> geocoding in which the user enters his address for which the
> respective map will be displayed. Now i need reverse geocoding in
> which if the user clicks on a particular point of the map then the
> respective address should displayed to the user. I dont have any idea
> for this implementation.
>    Hope any one of you suggests me how to implement this.

You can use the Google Maps API for this through Javascript or HTTP:

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/services.html#ReverseGeocoding

--
Lars Haugseth

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to
 retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it." -Tom Lehrer