--000e0cd245ea4dc9fa0463b333ff

Hi all,

Just a quick announcement that I've just released the first alpha version of
Heist, a Scheme interpreter in Ruby. It's currently fairly
arithmetic-focused, but it also has runtime support for some of the more
tricky stuff like tail recursion, macros and first-class continuations. More
info on my blog, and on Github:

http://blog.jcoglan.com/2009/02/25/announcing-heist-a-new-scheme-implementation-written-in-ruby/
http://github.com/jcoglan/heist/

Feedback very much appreciated. I know people are forking it already, and
while this is very gratifying I should point out I'm currently not accepting
patches as I'm writing this mostly for my own education. Implementation
advice and literature will be very gratefully received, however.

--
James Coglan

--000e0cd245ea4dc9fa0463b333ff--