--juZjCTNxrMaZdGZC

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 03:44:26AM +0900, karlvonl wrote:

> If I ever design my own programming language, I'm going to use := for
> assignment and == for equality, and let a single = be a syntax error,
> just to avoid the whole confusion.

I'm leaning more toward = being used for both, and some other signifier
determining how the expression should be evaluated.  I think that would
be more "intuitive" for pretty much everyone involved.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Larry Wall: "You can never entirely stop being what you once were.

--juZjCTNxrMaZdGZC

--juZjCTNxrMaZdGZC--