On Feb 24, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Prakash Maria susai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using some scripts written in Ruby and want to intergated these
> with a Java Tool.
> For this, we need to call these Ruby scripts from Java.I came to know
> that this can be done using JRuby.
> The Ruby scripts have been developed and run from Eclipse IDE.
>
> If so, pls let us know how easy is it to port the Ruby Scripts to
> JRuby.
>
> Also, is there any other means of calling the Ruby scripts from Java
> other than using JRuby?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ulrich

If they are in pure ruby 1.8 and have no dependency to C-Extensions
(even through gems), chances are very high[1] that they run as
expected.

Otherwise, it's a question whether those extensions are available
in a Java Version or through FFI (Foreign Function Interface). FFI
is pretty uncommon at the moment, but there is quite a bunch of
gems that implement their extensions both for MRI and JRuby.

Regards,
Florian

[1]: At this point: thanks to the JRuby-Team for the great work.

--
Florian Gilcher

smtp:   flo / andersground.net
jabber: Skade / jabber.ccc.de