--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 04:55:14PM +0900, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Nice thing about info pages is that you can open them in a browser
> (well, Konqueror, with info:make and so on) and follow links as if they
> were html. I never could stand the command-line based info readers, and
> the man pages for things like make always refer you to info for full
> documentation.

That's because of a shortcoming in the people of the GNU project, and not
a shortcoming in manpages.  A lot of GNU tools lack decent manpage
documentation because info is a GNU project, and the GNU project suffers
*really* badly from "Not Invented Here" syndrome.  I could say less
polite things, but I should stop.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Paul Graham: "SUVs are gross because they're the solution to a

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7--