<ntalbott / rolemodelsoft.com> wrote in message

> So the number it's printing is data->tag? What is that used for other
> than to_s? Is it subject to change? I'm sorry about asking questions
> that are so basic, but I'm no C guru (nor even really a C guy), and I
> have no familiarity with the Ruby C sources.
>

> > it should not be hard to write this as an extension -
> > actually its probably not such bad idea to write up an RCR
> > (there was a similar situation about #== I believe).
>
> So what RCR are you proposing? Access to data->tag? Or something else?

Well it seems that data->tag is also used to determine ``:==''  equality
so basically (by maybe further processing it) one can get a descent hash
value out of it - but that clearly Matz's call - that is I don't know if it
would
make a bad hash value (lots of collisions)?

Anyway your code below looks fine to me.

/Christoph