On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Philip McDonald
<philip_mcdonald / mac.com>wrote:

> The ruby folder IS in the 'home directory'.  But I took it out and moved it
> directly in the 'mac' folder.  It still doesn't work.  Maybe I'm not
> understanding what a 'home directory' is.  My understanding is that a home
> directory is my main folder for the user, i.e. my 'mac' house icon.  That's
> where the txt file is.

I think that you might be confusing the current directory with the home
directory.

The home directory is associated with your userid.  In OS X that should be

/Users/username/

For example on my machine my userid is rick, so

$ ls ~/.irbrc
/Users/rick/.irbrc

HTH
--