2009/2/19 lasitha <lasitha.ranatunga / gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:47 PM, lasitha <lasitha.ranatunga / gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know a way to construct a string that defers interpolation
>> (though i suspect there must be one).
>>
>> If not, you could use 'eval' or perhaps a Proc:
>>
> Oops, sorry - please ignore the bit about using a Proc.  It doesn't
> solve anything since all it does is parameterize the result and you
> could have done that with just a regular method.
>
> So at this point eval is all i can think of (see Robert's post).

Still I would consider an ordinary method or a lambda superior to
using eval.  I try to avoid eval whenever possible because of security
and other implications.  For me it's really only a last resort for
things that can't be done otherwise (e.g. defining methods which must
have an explicit block parameter).

Kind regards

robert