From: ashikali.m / gmail.com [mailto:ashikali.m / gmail.com]
Sent: 19 February 2009 11:41
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: PGconn

Dan Webb wrote:
> http://phrogz.net/rubylibs/rdoc/classes/PGconn.html
>
> pgoptions and pgtty? I'll give them one thing, they're really useful
> names.
>
> pgoptions:  backend options (String)
> pgtty:  tty to print backend debug message (ignored in newer versions of
> PostgreSQL) (String)
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
>
> Google's really helpful ;)

I had a look on this URL . I think that pgoptions is psql command line
options . Because when the error comes to this methods it says hint as
follows ,

Error: ./TransactionProcessor.rb:15:in `connect': FATAL:  invalid
command-line arguments for server process (PGError)
HINT:  Try "postgres --help" for more information.
        from ./TransactionProcessor.rb:15:in `initialize'
        from ./TransactionProcessor.rb:30:in `new'
        from ./TransactionProcessor.rb:30

coding : PGconn.connect(
POSTGRES_SERVER,POSTGRES_PORT,"-x","",POSTGRES_DATABASE,POSTGRES_USERNAME,POSTGRES_PASSWORD
)
  here ,
          -x means Turn on the expanded table formatting mode. This is
equivalent to the \x command .

Can you tell me what is pgoptions ?