Michael Davis <mdavis / sevainc.com> writes:

> Thanks, this pointed me in the right direction.  The last time I
> checked out ruby I did not get a ext/digest directory.  Cvs update
> did not detect the missing directory and did not check it out.  I
> had to remove my whole ruby directory and re-check out all the code.
> It works great now.

Small tip: you can run 'cvs up -d' and it will check out any new
directories (I wonder why this is not the default).  In fact, I have
this in my ~/.cvsrc:

update -d -P

Which means 'cvs update' will try to check out new directories and
delete empty ones without me having to pass -d and -P all the time.

--
matt