On Feb 17, 2009, at 9:30 PM, James Britt wrote:

> David Masover wrote:
> Same here.  I think of them as FGPs: Feel-good parentheses, used
> because they make people accustomed to C or Java feel more
> comfortable, though they do not contribute any real code value.

Thats a harsh statement for those that do actually like parantheses
and not because they are C//Java-Guys.

For example, i find the following irritating and bad style:

===
def initialize foo, bar, batz = {}, &block
#(vs.)
def initialize( foo, bar, batz = {}, &block )
===

I see the argument list as a tuple and I like it to resemble one.

Also, i tend to brace long and unbalanced statements:

===
var_foo_bar = (::Something::Somewhere::Object.new(
						    :foo => "bar"
                                                  )
               )
===