Hi all - I'm a first-timer and very much love Ruby!

 I have several questions involving arrays. First, I'll create a couple
of arrays to use in my examples -

arr1 = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
arr2 = ["foo", "bar", "baz", "abc", "def"]

 What I want to do is the following -
a) I want to create another array that alternates the elements of these
two arrays, like this -
 [1, "foo", 2, "bar", 3, "baz", 4, "abc", 5, "def]

b) In order to be able to create text tables, I'd like a function that
can take a character (like "|") and can apply it to an array so that you
end up with another array like this -

c) Finally, I'd like to create another function to do a very similar
thing to (b), but only have the character *between* the elements, like
this -
 arr5 = ["foo", "|", "bar", "|", "baz"]

 Very many thanks in advance for your help!  (Many thanks to Matz too
for a great language!  :)  )
 - latte