Rick DeNatale wrote:
> On the other hand, I've always found leaving out parentheses in Ruby code,
> "just because you can" to tend to look far stranger to my eye than putting
> them in. In fact, sometimes when reading code without them I find myself
> having to read very slowly in order to figure out just how Ruby is parsing
> what I'm reading.

I found that after a few days of deliberately only using parentheses
when needed, combined with a decent editor with synatx highlighting, and
I no longer need them at all. I don't find code unreadable with them --
I have to work in JavaScript, after all -- but I don't have a problem
without them, and they do get annoying sometimes.