--000e0cd6a95c635df50463129fe2

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Brian Candler <b.candler / pobox.com> wrote:

> Are you interested in borrowing from other languages too?

Yes!

> In that case:
>
> - maybe you should poll (say) Erlang users about what their favourite
> features are of that language

Well, in my case, my language is running on the Erlang VM (
http://wiki.reia-lang.org) and will have all the features of Erlang and then
some.

But yes, this is excellent advice, and as I'm trying to borrow the best
features of Python as well I intend to post a similar thread on python-list

> - maybe poll Ruby users about what their favourite features from *other*
> languages are, that they would have liked to have seen in Ruby
>
> - maybe poll Ruby users if there are any things they dislike about Ruby
> in its current form

Both excellent advice

--
Tony Arcieri