Bryan Murphy wrote:

> As this is a problem which transcends more than one or two libraries, I
> was hoping to stimulate some discussion and maybe even some kind of a
> concensus before I went and tried to track down each individual author.

What sort of namespace handling problems are you talking about?  If you'r
talking about XPath, then yes -- REXML has problems with namespaces in
XPath and NQXML doesn't do XPath.  However, REXML *should* handle namespace
correctly (as far as the XML spec goes), and I think NQXML does, as well.
Tobias, a constant thorn in my side about namespace issues ( :-) ), would
be a better source for comment about this.

> I know, it may be somewhat hard to understand why this is important if
> you are building applications that use DOMs as opposed to Streams for
> XML documents.  But SAX2 has a huge performance and memory efficiency

Yeah, I'm really bad about this.  I never use stream interfaces, so they
aren't high on my priority list.  If anybody writes a SAX interface layer
to REXML, I'll include it with the distribution, though.  Personally, I
have no interest in learning the SAX2 API, which I would have to to be able
to provide a reasonable implementation.

--
--- SER