Ruby Student wrote:
> Hello all you happy GUIsher!
>
> Does anyone know of a good, well written book to learn one of the GUI
> supported by Ruby?
> I looked at:
>
> Fox
> TK
> QTK
> Jruby with netbeans
> shoes
> wxruby
> wide studio
> rubyonsteel
> monkeybars
>
> I want something simple or at least well documented. Preferable drag and
> drop. I would like to worry just about the ruby code and not necessarily
> about the creation of the widgets.
> Something close to what Visual Basic provides. I know this is wishful
> thinking. I would purchase the book or even purchase the GUI software (if it
> is reasonable). But all the tools I mentioned have their limitations and
> documentation is so so at best. I wish the tool to be cross-platform with
> native look and feel.
>
> I know about the recent GUI survey, which I think was very nice. The
> question is, what's next?
> At any rate, I will appreciate some info about a well documented GUI for
> Ruby.
>
> Thank you all

Although Shoes isn't drag and drop it is very easy to create simple ,
and not so simple, gui apps and
it is rather well documented on-line and via its integral manual, you
don't have to worry about widget creation - you just use them, look at
the examples to see what i mean

Although still work in progress it is fantastically cross platform and
has a good supportive mailing list

Have fun!