--000e0cd288bede747f0462ceb2f7

>> Seconded -- 1.8.7 is precisely where my code that was relying on insertion
>> order *does not work*. Actually let me be more specific. My code was
>> relying
>> on keys being inserted in the order they appear in a hash literal, and on
>> subsequent iteration occuring in the same order.
>>

> That doesn't happen in any 1.8 version, though. (Sorry; I feel like
> something's going right past me, and I'll stop after this iteration
> :-)

Regardless of whether they're *supposed* to, the Rubies I've used before
1.8.7 actually do iterate in insertion order. Could be machine/OS specific,
a fluke, whatever. The point is that 1.8.7 definitely does not iterate in
the order that keys appear in a literal, at least on my machine. If this is
supposed to now be defined behaviour I'll investigate further and file a bug
if necessary.

--000e0cd288bede747f0462ceb2f7--